EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
EOD team is responsible to handle UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) and ERW (Explosive Remnants of war). The EOD operations also involve the detection, identification, field evaluation, render safe, recovery, and disposal of ordnance, EOD is undertaken as a part of mine clearance operations following the discovery of UXO in or near mined areas.
The operations might involve a single item of UXO or a number of items of UXO at the specified location, such as mortar or artillery gun position. It may also involve a stockpile of ammunition left in a bunker or an ammunition point.
This team generally is accountable to carry out the following tasks during a demining Project;
- Identification and Detection of UXO (Unexploded Ordinance)
- Handling the UXO (Unexploded Ordinance)
- Collection and handling of ERW (Explosive Remnants of War)
- supporting the manual clearance of assets
- Do village-by-village tasks in the potential areas and also provide mine risk education
- Acting as the quick response team